Mom 5 Questions to Ask Your Doctor If You Want to Get Pregnant

Elçines

Baby Community Member
Katılım
27/7/22
Mesajlar
5 Questions to Ask Your Doctor If You Want to Get Pregnant

5 Questions to Ask Your Doctor If You Want to Get Pregnant.jpg

The decision to have children is a very important decision. In order to be psychologically and physically prepared for pregnancy to occur and to be able to take on this responsibility, you should ask your doctor these important questions so that your pregnancy will be safe and your newborn baby will be born healthy. Here are the questions you should definitely ask your doctor:

Will my health condition affect my fertility?

Some medical conditions can affect your ability to conceive, including polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, thyroid disorders, and sexually transmitted diseases. When it comes to your partner, problems with sperm count or motility can make it difficult to conceive. Therefore, it is important to check with your doctor if you have any health problems that may prevent pregnancy.

Should I take vitamins or supplements?

You should start taking folic acid 3 to 6 months before getting pregnant. Doctors say folic acid reduces the risk of neural tube defects and some birth defects for the fetus. Your doctor may also recommend prenatal vitamins, especially if you are deficient in certain elements.

Should I change my diet?

Did you know that being abnormally overweight or underweight can reduce your fertility? Not only can excessive exercise and smoking negatively affect fertility and pregnancy, but weight gain can also lead to pregnancy complications such as gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, and in some cases, miscarriage. We therefore recommend that you have an open conversation with your doctor about your habits and daily lifestyle before pregnancy and whether you need to change this.

Do I need to have genetic testing?

Get genetic testing to find out whether you and your partner carry genes for any genetic diseases, including spinal muscular atrophy, cystic fibrosis, and some other diseases, because if the results are positive, your doctor can help you avoid transmitting these diseases to your fetus.

What should I do after receiving a positive pregnancy test?

Many women don't know what to do after finding out they are pregnant, should they go directly to their obstetrician or wait until the fetus is large enough to show up on ultrasound? Therefore, you should ask your doctor to give you guaranteed advice on this matter.

As a result, we recommend that you follow a doctor you trust until you are sure of what they tell you and ask them all the questions that come to your mind before your pregnancy. So you can get pregnant when you feel safe about yourself and your baby.

Geri
Üst